Sea Pines is a luxury residential community located on the island of Hilton Head, South Carolina. It offers a wide variety of amenities and activities for residents and visitors to enjoy. Some reasons why someone might choose to live in Sea Pines include:
- Scenic beauty: The community is located on the coast and offers views of the Atlantic Ocean and Calibogue Sound. There are also many lagoons, marshes, and nature preserves within the community, providing ample opportunities to enjoy the natural beauty of the area.
- Golf: Sea Pines is home to three championship golf courses, including the famous Harbour Town Golf Links, which is the site of the PGA Tour’s RBC Heritage tournament.
- Tennis: The Sea Pines Racquet Club offers 18 clay courts, 6 Har-Tru courts and 5 hard courts. There are also private and group lessons available for residents.
- Beach: The community has miles of beautiful beaches and dunes. The beach club offers amenities like private beachfront cabanas, umbrellas, and chairs, as well as showers and changing rooms.
- Shopping and Dining: Sea Pines center is a shopping and dining complex offering plenty of restaurants and shops, as well as a grocery store, pharmacy and post office.
- Outdoor Activities: Bicycling, boating, kayaking and fishing are all popular activities in Sea Pines. There is a marina on the Calibogue Sound that provides boat rental, fishing charters and dolphin watching tours.
- Community events: Throughout the year, Sea Pines hosts events and activities like live music, farmers markets, and fireworks displays that bring the community together.
It’s important to note that Sea Pines is a gated community which may provide a sense of safety and community to some residents. Also, being in a resort like location, it is common to see short term rentals for visitors to the area which may be something you like or not.