Sun City Living in Sun City: Lifestyle, Amenities and More
Welcome to Sun City in Hilton Head, SC
Sun City is a 55+ residential community, located in Hilton Head, SC. Situated between Beaufort and Jasper counties, the 5,000-acre community is the largest planned active adult community in South Carolina. Beautifully landscaped and designed to accommodate every need of its homeowners, Sun City boasts a variety of world-class amenities to include three18-hole championship golf courses, six swimming pools, three fitness centers, restaurants, a theater and shopping.
Sun City is Perfect For: People Who Enjoy Lowcountry Relaxation at its Best
There really is “no place like home,” and if you’re planning to retire within the next few years wouldn’t’t it be nice to have a home in a community designed specifically for your active adult lifestyle. A community that offers all of the conveniences you expect, a community where you will experience the carefree life you’ve planned and dreamed about for years.
The Sun City community was planned, developed and continues to grow as an active adult residential community unlike any other. An idyllic area where residents enjoy abundant amenities, attend a variety of social events and participate in an array of activities. With over 100 community clubs and organizations, an arts and crafts building, a woodworkers shop, and a 540-seat, 16,000 square foot performing arts center, you can learn a new hobby, fine tune an existing skill, enjoy concerts and attend theater performances and lectures. For outdoor enthusiasts there are 10 clay tennis courts, a softball field, bocce ball and pickle ball courts, outdoor party pavilions and outdoor swimming pools. The Okatie Center, a 268-acre shopping center, is located directly adjacent to the Sun City Hilton Head community.
As a resident of Sun City Hilton Head you can experience the beauty of the emerald green landscape, unlimited amenities, great beaches, and nearby attractions of the Hilton Head Island resort and historic Savannah. If you love sports, enjoy the performing arts and live music, dabble in arts and crafts, enjoy fine cuisine, and live for the great outdoors, then you should plan a visit to Sun City Hilton Head.
Sun City Real Estate
Sun City offers a large selection of affordable single-family homes, starting from the $100,000s with several different floor plans. Your home design options vary from a 1,000 sq. ft. villa to a 4,000 sq. ft. ranch-style single family home. With such a wide variety of choices you’re sure to find a style that meets your needs and falls within your price range. Sun City Hilton Head houses are made of the highest quality construction and offer several top of the line features:
- Living Space: Features open concept dining and gathering rooms; 3-inch oak floors in foyer, kitchen and café areas; designer lighting features.
- Bedrooms: One to three bedrooms, with spacious master suite and walk-in closet.
- Kitchens: Thirty-six inch birch wood cabinetry; 3-cm granite countertops; stainless steel double bowl sinks with chrome faucets; Whirlpool large capacity dishwasher; food disposal.
- Bathrooms: Designer Moen faucets in all bathrooms; full-width vanity mirrors; ceramic tile; fiberglass tub/shower combination in secondary bathrooms; 30” birch cabinetry vanities with cultured marble matte finish countertops (master on-suite has 35” birch wood raised cabinetry.)
- Exterior: Front, rear, and side lawns professionally landscaped; asphalt shingles with 30-year manufacturer’s warranty; dry walled two-car garage with cement driveway; screens on all windows and sliding glass doors; concrete patios (size varies per plan).
- Energy Efficiency: Jumper ducts; Lennox 13 SEER central heating and air-conditioning with programmable thermostat; R-30 insulation in attic ceiling, and R-13 insulation in exterior walls; water-saving shower heads and toilets; 50-gallon gas water heater.
There are two local secondary educational facilities where continuing your education or learning a new skill will be easy to accomplish whether it is for credit towards a degree or simply to continue your education.
- New River Campus of the University of South Carolina, Beaufort, SC
- Technical College of the Lowcountry, Beaufort, SC
Aside from the beautiful villas and single-family homes located in Sun City, the list of amenities, social activities, and events provide an endless fun-filled and invigorating “want-to-do” list.
- Three 18-hole professional championship golf courses: Argent Lakes Premier Executive Golf Course; Hidden Cypress Golf Course; and Okatie Creek Golf Course.
- Club, activities and classes are offered for everything from amateur radio to volleyball.
- Six swimming pools to include an indoor lap pool and three outdoor resort style pools.
- Two state of the art fitness centers, with fitness and weight training classes available.
- A 268-acre shopping center filled with boutiques, restaurants, banks, a grocery store and commercial business area, all located directly adjacent to Sun City Hilton Head.
Buying a Home in Sun City Hilton Head, SC
If you’re ready for a new beginning, and you plan to retire in the near future, you’ll want to consider buying a home in Sun City Hilton Head. This well-developed active adult community features quality-constructed homes with a variety of floor plans, priced to meet any budget. These energy efficient homes feature open concept living spaces, large master suites with walk-in closets and designer fixtures. The Sun City community is a thriving area with access to local sports facilities, golf courses, event centers, nature trails, a catch and release lake and shopping center. Nearby Hilton Head Island resort and historic Savannah also feature fine dining, entertainment and an array of social activities that help to make Sun City the perfect place to live. For a minimal cost, Sun City offers future residents an opportunity to live in a model home for three days. During your visit you can explore the community, meet your future neighbors, and experience first hand the great life that awaits you.