Sea Pines Living in Sea Pines: Amenities, Real Estate and Lifestyle
Welcome to Sea Pines
Sea Pines is a 5,200-acre gated community located on the southern end of Hilton Head Island in SC. The community’s origins date back to 1957, when the Sea Pines Company was formed. By 1967, they owned and had developed 5,200 acres worth of land in Hilton Head. Although the Sea Pines area is now known for its lavish resort, where tourists come year-round in order to enjoy the stunning views of the coastline as well as the many luxurious amenities that the area provides, there are a number of people who have made Sea Pines their permanent home.
Why You Belong in Sea Pines: Luxury Amenities & Oceanside Lifestyles
If you are looking to live a relaxed life with every amenity at your fingertips, then Sea Pines is exactly where you want to be. Living in Sea Pines means that you’ll be located between the Atlantic Ocean and the Calibogue Sound, thereby affording you the pleasure of panoramic ocean views. The amenities in Sea Pines are top of the line as well with tons of entertainment options, shops, restaurants and more. If somehow you ever get tired of being on the island, you can take a short 45-minute drive to Savannah, GA, one of the gems of the South.
The coastal community of Sea Pines is a mostly suburban community which consists of luxurious single-family homes. Over half of the homes available in Sea Pines are three to four bedroom homes. Sea Pines consists of several different neighborhoods that all have their own unique real estate:
- Central Plantation: This residential area of Sea Pines is home to a variety of different single-family homes and villas. The Central Plantation offers easy access to every other part of Sea Pines, and is also home to the Ocean Course and the Heron Point golf courses.
- South Beach: Located at the very end of Sea Pines, the neighborhood of South Beach will remind you of a classic New England fishing village due to its marina village charm. Some of the property available in this neighborhood includes oceanfront homes and villa-style homes.
- Oceanside: This neighborhood boasts a large number of oceanfront and ocean side single-family homes. Many of the houses here not only have access to some of the most beautiful beaches on the Atlantic, but also have private pools as well.
- Calibogue Cay: This prestigious neighborhood has stunning deep water views to the Intracoastal Waterway. Many of the homes here have their own docks, allowing residents direct access to the Intracoastal Waterway and Atlantic Ocean via the Broad Creek. The homes here are known for their Lowcountry architecture.
- Harbour Town: Harbour Town is the heart of Sea Pines as well as the location where the RBC Heritage PGA tour is held every year. The townhomes located in view of the Harbour Town Golf Links tend to be some of the most in demand pieces of real estate on the island. There are also a number of villas and single-family homes in the Stoney Creek area of the neighborhood.
- Club Course: Club Course is a very quiet and private neighborhood that consists mostly of single-family homes. The homes here tend to have scenic views of the marsh, woods or local golf course. Club Course is one of the few parts of Sea Pines that offers patio home options.
Distinguished Schools Near Sea Pines
- Sea Pines Montessori | Grades PK-8 | 9 Foxgrape Road
- Hilton Head Preparatory School | Grades PK-12| 8 Foxgrape Road
- Heritage Academy | Grades 5-12 | 11 New Orleans Road
As far as amenities go, Sea Pines is home to a number of world-renowned restaurants, established in the area partially due to the strong tourist presence. This means that if you consider yourself a foodie, then you’ll have plenty of options for when it comes to dining out. Some of the following restaurants are located in or nearby the Sea Pines area, all of which are within a short five minute drive.
- The OMBRA Cucina Rustica: Run by two chefs, Chef Nunzio Patruno and Chef Michael Cirafesi, OMBRA provides diners with an absolutely authentic Italian experience, from the cuisine down to the atmosphere. Not to mention that Chef Nunzio Patruno was recognized as one of the very best Italian Chefs for years.
- Alexander’s Restaurant: You can’t live in the south without having access to true comfort food, and Alexander’s Restaurant is one of the best. It also has an atmosphere perfect for families.
- Red Fish: You can’t live on an island without having an excellent seafood restaurant to dine at, so thankfully there’s Red Fish! Red Fish serves up the freshest seafood available in addition to the freshest possible ingredients. This is also the place to come for a glass of wine as the restaurant won a Best of Award of Excellence from Wine Spectator.
Now if you happen to be a golf enthusiast as well, then you may as well be in heaven. Hilton Head is home to the RBC Heritage, an annual PGA golf tournament. Not to mention that the Sea Pines neighborhood is the home to four different golf courses. These courses include:
- The Ocean Course – This incredibly scenic course was the first golf course built on Hilton Head Island and is also one of only two courses that boasts an ocean front view.
- The Heron Point Golf Course – Not only is this an excellent course, its landscape is practically a work of art in itself.
- The Harbour Town Golf Link – Home to the RBC Heritage PGA Tour Tournament, this course is a favorite amongst tour players. Legendary players to have teed up here include Nicklaus and Palmer.
- The Club Course – This incredible course was designed by none other than Arnold Palmer and Frank Duane.
If you’re looking for a luxurious place to live where you can relax, play a game of golf or dine out at some incredible restaurants, Sea Pines may be the just right for you. The homes available in Sea Pines make fantastic vacation homes as well as primary residences with options to explore both routes of ownership.
- Slip Ht Yacht Club 7
- Calibogue Cay N 3
- Calibogue Club 2
- Governors 2
- Baynard Oaks 2
- Sound Villas 1
- Forest Lagoon 1
- Duck Hawk 1
- Club Course/Otter 1
- Heritage Woods 1
- Ruddy Turnstone 1
- Beach Lagoon 1
- Brown Pelican 1
- Belted Kingfisher 1
- Club Course Villas 1
- Mariners Way Villas 1
- Plantation Lane 1
- South Beach S/D 1
- Black Skimmer 1
- Spanish Moss 1