Port Royal Plantation Real Estate
Living in Port Royal Plantation: Amenities, Real Estate and Lifestyle.
Welcome to Port Royal Plantation
There is a sense of peace and tranquility in Port Royal Plantation, located on Hilton Head Island’s northeast tip – known to locals as the “heel” due to the Island’s shoe-shaped geography. It is preferred by homeowners who wish to be close to popular recreation and other Island amenities and activities while being able to fall back to a quiet, friendly neighborhood when they go home. Port Royal Plantation is also for beach lovers, as some of Hilton Head Island’s most private Atlantic Ocean and Port Royal Sound beachfront rests within its boundaries.
Why You Belong in Port Royal Plantation
Port Royal Plantation is a totally private oceanfront gated community so it’s a great place to look for a home if you want to be near the beach and within arms’ reach of resort style amenities that people come to the Island for while keeping a degree of separation from the tourist trade. There are no short-term rentals or public access golf courses inside the gate, and beach access is limited to residents and their guests.
The social life in Port Royal Plantation is robust with clubs for everything from bridge to art to gardening to the fast growing leisure sport pickleball, and the Port Royal Beach House, a residents only meeting and event facility, provides gathering space where many of those clubs meet. An Olympic sized community pool, playground and four tennis courts – all for Port Royal Plantation residents only – are located nearby the Beach House.
Port Royal Plantation is unique in that residents have access to golf community amenities if desired without a requirement for golf club membership as a condition of property ownership. The semi-private Port Royal Plantation Club located adjacent to – but outside the gates of – the private residential area offers three membership levels (Sports, Golf, Social) to accommodate residents’ varying lifestyles.
Port Royal Plantation Real Estate
There are just fewer than 1,000 total homesites in Port Royal Plantation with about 90% of them developed. That relatively low density gives it more of a quiet neighborhood atmosphere than higher density resort areas. Home styles vary from small beachside cottages to multi-million dollar estate homes with lots ranging in size from ¼ acre to over an acre, which is large on average for Hilton Head Island real estate. Most enjoy views of fresh water lagoons, fairways, salt-water tidal creeks, and some sit waterfront on the ocean or Port Royal Sound. Throughout the Plantation residents enjoy the best of Hilton Head Island’s natural beauty. Moss draped live oaks, palmettos, and other tropical plantings as well as abundant indigenous wildlife create a much-coveted island aesthetic.
Distinguished Schools Near Port Royal Plantation
- Hilton Head Island Elementary School | Grades 1-5 | 30 School Road, 29926
- Hilton Head Island International Baccalaureate Elementary School | Grades 1-5 | 30 School Road, 29926
- Hilton Head Island Elementary School for the Creative Arts | Grades 1-5 | 10 Bus Drive, 29926
- Hilton Head Island Middle School | Grades 6-8 | 55 Wilborn Road, 29926
- Hilton Head Island High School | Grades 9-12 | 70 Wilborn Road, 29926
- Hilton Head Preparatory School | Grades K-12 | 8 Fox Grape Road, 29928
- Hilton Head Christian Academy | Grades K-12 | 55 Gardner Drive, 29926
- Sea Pines Montessori Academy | Grades PreK-12 | 9 Fox Grape Road, 29928
- St. Francis Catholic School | Grades PreK-8 | 45 Beach City Road, 29926
Port Royal Plantation Amenities
- Port Royal Plantation is one of only a few residential-only gated communities on Hilton Head Island with private beach access.
- Although membership is not required, Port Royal Plantation Club gives residents access to resort style amenities including the Barony, Planter’s Row, and Robber’s Row golf courses, 16 tennis courts, a croquet court, and the social activities and dining in a recently renovated southern style clubhouse.
- The Port Royal Beach House with a catering kitchen and sound system is a popular spot for residents to host private parties. It and the adjacent Olympic sized swimming pool and kiddie pool overlook Port Royal Sound.
- Residents enjoy communing with the natural environment on miles of leisure trails and in the Plantation’s own arboretum, and learning of Hilton Head Island’s history at important historical sites located within.
Buying a Home in Port Royal Plantation
Port Royal Plantation is the ideal place for the homebuyer looking for all that Hilton Head Island has to offer without feeling like you’re in a vacation hotspot. It is a permanent resident neighborhood community and its North End location is convenient to shopping centers, dining, professional services, hospitals, schools and everything else that goes along with daily living.
- Ocean Palms Villa Sh 45
- Big Lagoon 3
- Fort Sherman W 2
- Ocean Point 2
- Planters Row 2
- Barony West 2
- Pr Beach Lagoon 1
- Seabreeze 1
- Sec 14N 1
- Fairway Winds 1
- Sec 7W 1
- Sawgrass 1
- Block N 1
- Fort Walker 1 1
- Grasslawn D 1
- Port Royal Tennis Vh 1
- Port Royal Tennis Bec 1
- Grasslawn E 1
- Block P 1
- Overlook Place 1