Palmetto Dunes Living in Palmetto Dunes: Amenities, Real Estate and a Permanent Vacation Opportunity
Welcome to Palmetto Dunes
This 2,000 acre resort and residential community in the Southern tip of Hilton Head, SC offers luxurious homes to full-time residents or rentals to part-time vacationers. Palmetto Dunes offers three championship golf courses, an 11-mile man-made lagoon, and three miles of white sandy beaches, ideal for those wanting to spend time outdoors and perfect their golf game or strengthen their tennis skills. Those looking for rental properties for vacations will find luxurious condos and spacious homes in the majority of Palmetto Dunes, although Leamington offers a private gated community of residential living in the heart of Palmetto Dunes.
Why You Belong in Palmetto Dunes
Hilton Head is known as the “natural sanctuary for the soul,” and Palmetto Dunes is in the heart of it with an abundance of outdoor activities. The community gives you access to 11 miles of interconnecting lagoons and waterways, where you’ll often find your neighbors fishing or with pots full of jumbo shrimp or blue crabs. You’ll also love the Shelter Cove Harbour, a 15-acre marina offering every kind of water excursion, local shops, and restaurants.
In addition the lagoon and three miles of sandy beaches, residents and long-term visitors have access to the 25 professional courts at the world famousPalmetto Tennis Center and three championship golf courses, including Arthur Hills Golf Course. Residents get special rates and privileges through the Palmetto Dunes Club. The private club also allows you to mingle with your neighbors over lunches, comedy nights, and trivia games, as well as outdoor parties.
Among the community, you’ll have access to the Palmetto Dunes Buggy, which provides complimentary transportation to the beaches, golf courses, and Shelter Cove Harbour.
The Palmetto Dunes community is divided into two areas: rental and vacation properties, and the gated residential community. Near the resorts, you’ll luxury condos and townhomes you can rent or buy as a second vacation house, as well as several spacious villas and homes with up to eight bedrooms. Generally, this is the resort area, where houses will feature at least four or bedrooms and bathrooms to accommodate large groups of people. They also include an open floor plan with an expansive outdoor deck and stunning views of the lagoon and pool. Townhomes are of newer construction and feature wood floors, new cabinets, and access to the beach clubs and pool.
In Leamington, the private gated residential community, you’ll find over 450 acres, complete with more than 350 houses and 500 townhomes and villas. These are only for long-term residents, rentals are not allowed, and therefore you have special privileges like access to the Dune Buggy or riding your golf cart directly to the nearby acclaimed Arthur Hills Golf Course. Leamington residents also have access to the Leamington Recreation Center, a private facility with a community pool, children’s playground, and lagoon access.
These houses take advantage of the gorgeous golf and lagoon views. They include large living areas to entertain and a gourmet kitchen, and several include a private pool along with your outdoor deck. In addition, the Palmetto Dunes beaches are just a quick walk away.
Distinguished Schools in Palmetto Dunes
- Hilton Head Elementary | Grades K-5 | 30 School Rd.
- Hilton Head Middle School | Grades 6-8 | 55 Wilborn Rd
- Hilton Head High | Grades 9-12| 70 Wilborn Rd.
- Hilton Head Preparatory |K-12 | 8 Fox Grape Rd
Palmetto Dunes offers you a relaxed lifestyle with its endless beaches and waterways and championship golf courses and infamous tennis center. You’ll also have access to Shelter Cove Harbour, which features summer-long entertainment along with its usual boutique shops, waterfront restaurants, and rentals.
- Arthur Hills Golf Club: This golf course combines the natural beauty of the islands with challenging topography to make your golf game even more fun. The rolling dunes and 10 holes along the water add to this challenge. However, what really sets this course apart is that the Leamington Lighthouse is situated on it.
- Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center: The acclaimed tennis center features 25 professional courts and offers all kinds of skilled players a fun and rewarding experience. They offer professional lessons, as well as tournaments so it’s easy to see why they’ve become so popular.
- Shelter Cove Harbour: You will be able to spend the entire day here and not get bored from renting kayaks and boats, to spending an afternoon deep sea fishing to coming for the restaurants and live entertainment, you’ll find it here.
- La Fontina: This waterfront Italian Grill and Pizzeria lures customers in with its stunning views of the harbor. They keep them coming back with fresh and flavorful combinations on their brick-oven pizzas or the chef’s specialties like Lobster Ravioli.
Buying a Home in Palmetto Dunes
Purchasing a home in Palmetto Dunes gives you the added advantage over vacationers. You’ll have all the amenities of the resort town, but you’ll also have access to private clubs and recreation centers only for residents.