Moss Creek Living in Moss Creek: Amenities, Real Estate, Education and More
Welcome to Moss Creek
Moss Creek is a private 1,000 acre community that offers a lifestyle that strives to embody a permanent vacation. Located across the bridge from Hilton Head Island in South Carolina, this neighborhood offers a unique balance between nature and comfortable society living. Whether you are a horse lover, golf enthusiast or country club couple, there is something for everyone in the family within minutes of your new door step.
Why You Belong in Moss Creek: Comfortable and Healthy Lowcountry Lifestyle
It is time to start living the life you have always dreamed of living, and this gated community will make it possible. Picture yourself taking evening strolls hand in hand with your husband or wife along the trails, having your children take Equestrian lessons right down the street or catching a round of golf with your neighbor at one of the top courses in the United States. Moss Creek can provide this lifestyle for you and your family and much more.
George Fazio Golf Course:
As a homeowner in Moss Creek, you will gain access to a private club house on the George Fazio Golf Course. This course was featured on the “America’s 100 Best Golf Courses” list in Golf Digest. It earned its place by offering a challenging course where long play and precise shots are a must for success. The course not only offers 19 holes (one practice green), but is open year-round and is right on the ocean. Check out the Hilton Head Golfweb sight for a peek at some of the amazing vistas from the green.
The Equestrian center is a place where you can lose yourself in the romantic backdrop of pecan trees draped with Spanish moss. The campus is set on 10 acres, features 20 stalls, offers horse boarding, riding lessons and summer camps for the kids. The horses here live a life filled with quality grass and regularly groomed soil. They are well cared for by the staff and benefit from turn out service, blanketing and fly spray. There is also an in house vet and furrier available for the animal’s needs. If you and your family are new to horses lessons can guide you and teach you all you need to know. For more information, visit the Equestrian Center’s web page.
Within the Moss Creek community there are leisure trails around the neighborhood, but if you find yourself wanting more to explore visit the South Carolina Trails web site and see what the county has to offer within a short drive. There are groomed trails ranging from 0.3 miles to 4 miles in length.
The light house trail is an easy, out-and back, route. This is a great walk to take the little ones on. The trail is sandy and along the shoreline there is plenty to explore amongst the drift wood and ocean debris. At the end of the trail you will come to a light house which is open for tours, at the top you will find a beautiful view of the island and sea.
One of the larger natural parks in the area is the Sea Pines forest Preserve. Here you can lose yourself in the beauty of the maritime forest and marshlands. The preserve also features fresh water fishing, a wild flower meadow and a picnic area.
You are sure to find the kind of home you are looking for in Moss Creek. Within the community there are over 1,000 home sites, 70 villas and a number of vacant lots to build your own dreams on.
- Homes are large, featuring family rooms, dens, open lay outs and multiple car garages.
- Large decks for gatherings and weekend barbecues decorate most backyards.
- Many of the lots offer a very private setting where you can be more secluded from the neighbors.
- The community is well managed because it is member owned. You can be sure the people living near you are just as invested in a quality life as you are.
- It is extremely safe to the point that you will definitely feel comfortable jogging alone for some peace and quite or letting your child ride his bike to a friend’s house. The security and confidence comes from the ownership and investment all of the members apply to the community.
From 24 months of age through high school graduation, your child will receive a distinguished education while living in Moss Creek. Here are the schools that are available for your child’s future:
- May River Montessori School: Established in 1987 with just 17 students May River Montessori School has grown over the past 25 years to include 160 full time students ranging from the age of 24 months through 5th grade. Here your student will “learn how to learn.”
- Michael C. Ray Elementary School: This school offers a wide range of activities and experiences for your child along with a strong academic focus. Some of the extracurricular activities include; Robotics, cheerleading, dance, various sports, the Singing Eagles Club and student council.
- H.E. McCracken Middle SchoolThe middles school runs with approximately 800 students in grades 8 and 9. The teacher to student ratio is 14:1.The focus here is preparing students for their transition and success in to high school.
- Hilton Head High School
In order to see if the community fits right with your family you can take advantage of the country club’s “become a member for a day” deal. This would be a great way to meet your potential new neighbors really experience everything Moss Creek has to offer. Make sure and leave time for a walk on the marshland trails or schedule a tee time on the golf course.