Hilton Head Plantation Living in Hilton Head Plantation: Outdoor Fun, Real Estate and Lowcountry Living
Welcome to Hilton Head Plantation
Across the United States, there are many luxury gated communities, but it is no hyperbole to state that there is perhaps not another community like Hilton Head Plantation. Located in Hilton Head, SC, this particular gated community not only offers endless amenities, but it can offer the beautiful natural surrounds of the South Carolina Lowcountry. Nearly 4,000 acres of fantastic homes, recreational opportunities and amenities, and ample opportunity to find a place to call home is why Hilton Head Plantation may be the best place for you and your family.
Why You Belong in Hilton Head Plantation
If you love the water, nature and golf or really any combination of the three, you will definitely enjoy living in Hilton Head Plantation. The community sits on a large expanse of land, bordered by the Intracoastal Waterway and Port Royal Sound.
Asking a resident of Hilton Head Plantation why they not only choose to live here but why they choose to stay will more often than not elicit a response having to do with the area’s immense natural beauty. The first thing that comes to mind when you think of Hilton Head may be world-class golf, but not all the lush green wide open space has been turned into a golfer’s paradise. There is still plenty to enjoy for the residents who live here for the Lowcountry oaks, Spanish moss and meandering waterways.
However, if golf is your game, you will have the Dolphin Head Golf Club, Bear Creek Golf Club, Oyster Reef Golf Club and Country Club of Hilton Head at your disposal. Numerous lakes, lagoons and marshes weave throughout Hilton Head Plantation and are used for fishing or simply to admire on long walks. There is also the Dolphin Head Recreational Area, which contains two miles of beaches to stroll along.
It is these qualities that not only bring people to the Hilton Head Plantation community but keep them here year after year. There is a reason that this community is among the most age-diverse of all the Hilton Head communities. From young single professionals to retired couples, this is where people want to be.
The Plantation has several properties to choose from. Almost all of them were constructed between 1970 and 1999, with a few new construction homes in the mix. While there are some townhomes and apartment complexes mixed in, the majority of homes in the Hilton Head Plantation community are single-family dwellings with three to four bedrooms.
Schools Near Hilton Head Plantation
Some of the best schools in the state are located in this neighborhood. A quick glimpse at potential schools is below:
- Hilton Head Island International Baccalaureate School | 1-5 | 30 School Road
- Hilton Head Island School for the Creative Arts | 1-5 | 10 Wilborn Road
- Hilton Head Christian Academy | K-12 | 55 Gardner Drive
- St. Francis Catholic School | PK-8 | 45 Beach City Road
These are just a few of the schools available to families who choose Hilton Head Plantation as their new community.
Every neighborhood has its share of fun events and good times for all ages, but in Hilton Head Plantation they simply abound.
- Gregg Russell has been entertaining under the oak tree in Harbour Town for 26 years. Sunday through Friday he’s there from 8 p.m. to 9:30 p.m., leading the whole family in one big sing-along.
- In Shelter Cove on Tuesdays from June through August, there is a party going on from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. There is live music at the Shelter Cove Community Park as well as food and other fun for everyone. Shelter Cove also holds an annual Water Fun Day, with water bounce houses, water slides and more fun in the sun activities for kids each year.
- To learn more about the Hilton Head area and Gullah culture, check out the Coastal Discovery Museum. One of their most well-known programs is their Getting to Know a Gator class, where kids can hold an actual live alligator.
Moving to Hilton Head Plantation
Whether you are a young family just starting out, or empty-nesters searching for a new community to call home, Hilton Head Plantation is the perfect place for you. Very few locations can truly boast about their amenities across the board like Hilton Head Plantation can. For those who are seeking a Lowcountry lifestyle the excellent schools, top-rated activities and exquisite natural beauty of your surroundings simply cannot be beaten.