Forest Beach: North and South Living in Forest Beach: Amenities, Real Estate and Lifestlye
Welcome to Forest Beach
If you’re looking for a family-friendly and casual beach lifestyle, then Forest Beach on Hilton Head Island may be the neighborhood for you. Forest Beach is located on the southeast corner of the island and features some of the area’s most popular and most pristine beaches. Forest Beach also includes some of the island’s most vibrant nightlife and shopping options. When you’re not enjoying the sand and surf, you can check out one of the island’s many golf courses or even treat yourself to a fishing or kayaking excursion. In Forest Beach, you have the option – do it all or doing nothing at all.
See All Forest Beach Listings
Why You Belong: Oceanfront Activities & Lowcountry Lifestyle
Forest Beach is perhaps the only area on Hilton Head that has access to one of the country’s most beautiful beaches but is also convenient to shopping, dining, and nightlife options. Coligny Circle is one of the commercial centers of thought and had. It is home to numerous restaurants, bars, and desirable shopping options. It’s also a short walk to nearly any location in Forest Beach.
Forest Beach is one of the most popular public beaches on the island. It is lined by beach rentals and oceanfront condo resorts and is often full of both locals and tourists throughout the summer. If you’re not looking for a day at the beach, you’re only a short drive away from any of the island’s other exciting outdoor activities.
Proximity to the ocean is clearly the biggest draw of Forest Beach. As such, homes are priced with the nearby waterfront in mind. Forest Beach features a diverse selection of homes across all ends of the price range. The closer you get to the water, the more you can expect to pay. Expensive and luxurious mansions line the beach, while cozy cottages can be found a few blocks inland. Forest Beach also features a wide selection of beachfront condos. Many condo communities include resort-like amenities, such as pools, spas, and restaurants.
Distinguished Schools in Forest Beach
- Hilton Head Island High School | Grades 9 – 12 |70 Wilborn Rd.
- Hilton Head Island International Baccalaureate Elementary Schools | Grades 1 – 5 | 30 School Rd.
- Hilton Head Island Middle School | Grades 6 – 8 | 55 Wilborn Rd.
- Hilton Head Island School for the Creative Arts | Grades Pre-K – 8 | 10 Bus Dr.
You’ll never have a lack of things to do when you live in Forest Beach. Of course, the beach is always a great option. However, Hilton Head Island is more than just beaches. With award-winning golf courses, plenty of outdoor activities, and exciting attractions, Hilton Head Island offers something for everyone. Forest Beach is in the heart of it all.
- Beaches: Hilton Head Island has four public beaches, along with dozens of private beaches that are associated with the island’s resorts and plantations. Two of those public beaches are located in Forest Beach. One is off South Forest Beach Drive and the other is located off of Coligny Circle right near the island’s main shopping district. If you want to get away from tourists, there is also a locals-only beach located in Folly’s Field. The beach is only open to residents who can show a property owner’s bumper sticker.
- Golf: Hilton Head Island isn’t large, but there’s plenty of room for more than twenty world-class golf courses. There aren’t any in Forest Beach. However, almost all are just a short drive away. Two of the most popular are Oyster Reef Golf Club and Hilton Head National Golf Club.
- Shopping and dining: When you’ve had enough beach and golf, you can head into town for some shopping, dining, and nightlife. One of the island’s most popular destinations, Coligny Circle, is located right in Forest Beach. It features more than sixty shops and restaurants. You can also hop in the car and head over to Harbour Town in Sea Pines Resort. Harbour Town features dozens of shops and restaurants. It also features the island’s yacht club and an entertainment area that has live music on almost a nightly basis through the summer.
Buying a home in Forest Beach
Forest Beach is a perfect home for anyone who wants to be near the beach, but also wants access to shopping, dining, and nightlife. Its casual, family-friendly atmosphere makes it ideal for those who enjoy a more laid-back way of life. Choose from either a luxurious home on the water, a quiet cottage in the middle of the neighborhood, or a resort-like condo. Forest Beach offers many choices to meet any need. You’ll have access not only to the many benefits of Forest Beach, but also all of the popular benefits and amenities that Hilton Head Island has to offer.